Helping Children go from Helpless to Hopeful
Every Friday afternoon, some Space Coast children will leave school knowing that they have no home to go to or will not have a meal again until they return to school on Monday morning. Every single day, there are Brevard county mothers and fathers who head off to work filled with trepidation because they are facing eviction and don’t have the means to fix the situation.
This may seem unimaginable, but for you, me and our neighbors, this is a frightening reality. According to the 2018 Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households report, 40% of Americans cannot cover an unexpected expense of $400. For many, it’s not an financial emergency that is jeopardizing their living situation. According to Prosperity Now, 40% of Americans are one missed paycheck away from poverty.
REALTORS® never forget that they are neighbors first. As REALTORS®, we refuse to turn a blind eye to these families in need. We assembled a team of devoted volunteers and launched a foundation to help raise and distribute funds so that these families have the resources they need to get back on their feet.
- We believe that families are precious and should all have safe places to call home.
- We believe that children can go from helpless to hopeful.
- We believe we can and should help our neighbors in need.
- We believe we are up to the challenge.
- We are the Space Coast Association of REALTORS® Foundation.